• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lakewood bellhousing mods to fit tti headers - 383

mcmopar

Reaction score
Here are some pics I took that show what must be done to fit a Lakewood safety bellhousing for use on a 383 with tti 1-7/8" headers. The same mods would most likely be necessary using tti's 1-3/4" headers as well. I sent these pics to Lakewood upon their request but never heard anything back from them so I don't know if they ever made this information public. If any of you guys are contemplating running a Lakewood bellhousing and tti headers you'll need this info.

Lucky for me I painted the bellhousing on this large piece of cardboard before I attempted to intstall it. You can see the amount of material that needs to be trimmed away for a proper fit.
Bellhousing10-28-04083.jpg

Bellhousing10-28-04086.jpg

Bellhousing10-28-04087.jpg

Bellhousing10-28-04088.jpg

moparts bob

Reaction score
Wow are those holes removed from the passenger side for the block plate? The guys at New England dragway always check to make sure all the bolts are in my Lakewood housing.
I had 2 inch Hedmans on my 440 with the big bell (144 tooth flywheel) and they fit with no clearance issues. You may have a problem if you try to run the car with slicks at the track.
I think its only a matter of time till they start treating drag radials as slicks and make people run a loop and start climbing all over their cars. Those tires are hooking up and people are breaking things. Although I could NEVER get my BFG Drag Radials to hook. I think the car was just too heavy for them.

Back