• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Learn some thing today !!

TOMRR

Reaction score
I put all new brakes line and wheel cylinders on the front and a new master cylinder. Ok bench bled the master cylinder no problem !! Installed the master cylinder hook up the two main lines. Went to the far rear tire and had the wife pump up the brakes and then the other side with no problem. Now the front on the pass side had wife pump up brakes and nothing, again nothing so went to the drivers side and same thing nothing. Checked and refilled master cylinder. So my wife says may be there a blockage why don't you take one of the lines that go to the wheel cylinder and I will give a pump on the brakes . Well it worked and did this to both sides and problem solved I guess there was just to much dam air in those empty new lines.
Not to sure I would have thought of this be cause I was quite frustrated my then. THE Love of my life saved the day !!!
:encouragement:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
had to do that when I put a master on my wife's Karmann Ghia last year.

Ranger

Reaction score
You had better luck than I. I replaced my front brakes (in Dec.), as well as all 4 wheel cylinders and the MC. I had no problem bench bleeding or getting fluid from all 4 wheel cylinders. No air coming our, but I still have a slightly spongy pedal. Bled them at least 4 times. Supposed to be warm Monday so I'm gonna give it another shot. I'm thinking of pulling the lines (one at a time) and giving it one pump just to see if there could possibly still be any air in the MC. Makes no sense, but I'm out of ideas.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and always remember and never forget...just because a part is new (master cyl) doesn't mean it's good. got a bad one once at a parts store.and came across a lot of bad new parts working in the parts dept of an IH dealer, usually electrical.

Back