• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LED bulbs

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their regular filament taillight and backup light bulbs with the LEDs? I've seen the Digitail kits, but was wondering about the brightness of just the single LED bulb replacement. Are they noticeably brighter than the regular bulbs?

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Classic Industries has them that just plug in to replace the old bulbs, but there are no reviews on them.

Agreed, someone on here has installed them at some point.

clazar2121

Reaction score
I've done the interior bulbs in my 70 RR. They are noticeably brighter & draw way less current. The one I couldn't do is the glove box light. The polarity is different. If you put an led light in that wont light, turn the bulb 180 for polarity. Exterior lights for turn signals I believe need a different flasher or other equipment to make them work properly.

Chuck

1baddogg

Reaction score
I used the chrome tape Rainman and its brighter . It was about $7 for a roll of the tape . I can tell a difference , its a good ideal.

Back