• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LED dash lights

moparstuart

Reaction score
did the LED dash lamp coversion to the birdible today . Had a right turn indicator lamp out in the cluster anyway and my oil gauge was not woirking .
So i torn into it and replaced all the bulb.

moparstuart

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Looks good........I really like the round gauges....... :thumbsup:
i had never pulled a ralley cluster out before , Have had the knuckle buster 69 road runner cluster out 20 times . Wow the ralley cluster is a breeze. Six screws in the face and it comes right out .

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
They look great. I want to brighten up the dashes on both cars especially the scamp.

A friend of mine did the bulb swap AND bypassed the dash dimmer on his E body. It illuminates much brighter now!

moparstuart

Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
They look great. I want to brighten up the dashes on both cars especially the scamp.

A friend of mine did the bulb swap AND bypassed the dash dimmer on his E body. It illuminates much brighter now!
they were bad back when i could see , now i cant see shit so these really help .

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1BADBIRD said:
Whats it cost to do that?

X2

Nice upgrade, Stuart. I was just reading about the LED replacements for the 1156 & 1157 bulbs over the weekend. Think I'll try to score some of those - especially for Tam's Swinger - you just cannot see the brake lights in that thing and some fool on a cell phone will eventually plow into her... The dash light upgrade seems a natural also.

Ray

moparstuart

Reaction score
1BADBIRD said:
I think the bulb ran me about $30.00 total and i did the install my self
took 10 bulbs total . 3 push in bulb and 7 notch(twist) in style bulb in a rally cluster . 69 rr cluster would be cheaper . I think they would be all the push in style bulbs right ??

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
1BADBIRD said:

X2

Nice upgrade, Stuart. I was just reading about the LED replacements for the 1156 & 1157 bulbs over the weekend. Think I'll try to score some of those - especially for Tam's Swinger - you just cannot see the brake lights in that thing and some fool on a cell phone will eventually plow into her... The dash light upgrade seems a natural also.

Ray
yes I may do the tail lamp upgrade next also . The 70 plymouths alway seem to have really dim tails. I have not driven behind the Birdible to be sure they are but brighter is always a better idea .

Back