• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Liquid in Body Filler Hardener

scorpio

Reaction score
What are some ways I can get the "liquid" which accumulates on top of the hardener while in the tube, back into the solid part of the hardener? I've tried kneading it. Holding the tube in my hand and "slinging" in to try to force the liquid to the bottom, and kneading it some more. There must be a way! :frown:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
usually kneading mixes it. How old is the hardener?

scorpio

Reaction score
usually kneading mixes it. How old is the hardener?

It's 5 yrs (I'm guessing) old and about 2/3 of the of the hardener has been used. I was thinking of removing the top, and punching a nail through the stuff to let the liquid go to the bottom of the tube.........then (I think?) it would knead back into the solid stuff.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
5 years old?

Toss it and get new hardener and filler. It's not like a fine wine that gets better with age.

scorpio

Reaction score
New hardener and filler first thing Monday. I did not realize how I was pushing the envelope until someone asked about age of the product(s). thanks again fellas.

Back