• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LocTite

zupanj

Reaction score
I intended to use LocTite on the flywheel bolts and the pressure plate bolts when putting things together. I forgot to do either and just torqued them down. What is your opinion on this? Would you take it apart and use LocTite or forget it. I dont' think I used it on those areas in the past but it's been a long time since I have done this. If you use it, would you use blue or red?

Jack

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
zupanj said:
I intended to use LocTite on the flywheel bolts and the pressure plate bolts when putting things together. I forgot to do either and just torqued them down. What is your opinion on this? Would you take it apart and use LocTite or forget it. I dont' think I used it on those areas in the past but it's been a long time since I have done this. If you use it, would you use blue or red?

Jack
I have never had any of those bolts come loose. I only use that stuff in problem areas and those have never been one. :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with Bob. Since you already have it bolted together I'd just move on...

Ray

mcmopar

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the factory installers ever used anything on these bolts. As long as you have them torqued down to spec you have nothing to worry about.

John69RR

Reaction score
The only time I've used locTite was on the 3 countersunk bolts that hold the shift plate on the tailshaft. To make disassembly easier I used the blue LocTite.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
In this case, I wouldnt pull it apart.

FWIW, I always use loctite on stuff like flex plate and convertor bolts. I have seen those loosen in several cars (none that I worked on) and raise havoc.

If you ever have to disassemble anything put together with red loctite, heat is your friend.

Back