• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks like prices are rising!

mcmopar

Reaction score
Well...by its very existence these days it is an investment - but that's not the reason you own it. My car is an asset, yes, and if push comes to shove and finances close in on me I might have to sell it, but like you, that's not the reason I bought it.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I look at the same way you guys do. I didn't buy my cars with the idea of waiting for the day that the market would allow me to make a ton of money off them. While I have no intentions of selling them, as John said, it could be a source of money if the day came that I needed it in an emergency. In the mean while, I intend to drive my cars as much as I can, but I also want them to look as good as possible. So if it means spending a little extra to get the part I need to do that, then so be it. But then too, I won't go overboard doing it!!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Some of this stuff gets ridiculous Ive see idiots looking to pay hundreds of dollars for old fan clutches at swap meets :D :leave:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Some of this stuff gets ridiculous Ive see idiots looking to pay hundreds of dollars for old fan clutches at swap meets :D :leave:

I've seen those guys too; they run around with the clowns that are looking for date code correct H Wheels :D

:leave:

mannye

Reaction score
hee hee or the idiots that pay hundreds of dollars for am/fm thumbwheel radios THAT DON'T EVEN WORK!!!!
:basketcase:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you think old car parts are bad, I've read where someone has paid THOUSANDS for an EMPTY Lionel box. Som of the boxes are worth more than the train they came in because not many boxes survived Christmas morning or the ravages of time in a damp basement. I've even heard where a buyer has taken an unopened Lionel box and had it xrayed to make sure the train was in the box before buying, because once you open the box it isn't worth as much. But the xray wouldn't show if that train from the 1920s is a bunch of corroaded junk or not. we've got some crazy hobbies...... :crazy:

Back