• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Low speed clicking sound?

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I have noticed at low speed that I can hear a sound that has a brief period between sounds.

It is a sort of "click", almost like something is in a tire.

Any ideas?

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
When I had the DS out I greased them up real good again. It doesn't seem to have any play in it. I can shake it and not get any movement. That was my initial thought.

Center cap is something I wouldn't have thought of.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:

Yeah me either...until a few years ago that is... I had a "clicking sound" on the Swinger that I couldn't quite figure out... It became quite apparent what it was when one of the Rallye wheel centers went flying off at about 50 mph... Never found it either...

:jester:
Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
SomeCarGuy said:

Yeah me either...until a few years ago that is... I had a "clicking sound" on the Swinger that I couldn't quite figure out... It became quite apparent what it was when one of the Rallye wheel centers went flying off at about 50 mph... Never found it either...

Ray
That will leave a mark. We had that happen in a 64 chevy wagon, hit the brakes and the front left, left! :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah, drive faster and you won't notice it! (sorry) I remember a buddies Mom's car had a weird noise once. someone suggested it was one of the hub caps. so we took one at a time off and took test rides, and thats what it was.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
yeah, drive faster and you won't notice it! (sorry) I remember a buddies Mom's car had a weird noise once. someone suggested it was one of the hub caps. so we took one at a time off and took test rides, and thats what it was.

We used to put rocks, lug nuts, whatever in people's hub caps just to drive them nuts... :leave:

Hey, it was a long time ago and we were just kids... That's my story and I'm sticking to it... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I think its much deaper than that and its going to drive you crazy. So today and today only I'm willing to take that off your hands for (and this is because I like you) $1000.00 :lmao:

Back