• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LYNCH ROAD FENDER TAG lower right tag corner "order" number what's the story on them?

A12

Reaction score
On 1969 LYNCH ROAD fender tags there's a series of numbers in the lower right hand corner that (I think) are called the ORDER NUMBER can someone explain how those numbers are determined?

MikeR

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The first three digits are the dealer or sales bank code the last six are the order # for the factory and dealer to track the car, these appear on the fender tag. I once was told its the # of Belveder type bodies that have been produced. It also appears at the top of my window sticker, IBM punch card and broadcast sheet.

Last edited:

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
Isn't this thread on Triple Green Road Runners? :victorious:

Big D A12

Live Fast!!
Reaction score
Mike,

Yes, they are the vehicle order number VON. It is just a six digit number. The specialty cars are well documented as to which block of VON they were assigned. The attached list was posted out on Moparts some time ago.

As for all of the other VON beginning with 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, I do not have an answer for you. I too am curious.

D

VON Definitions.JPG

VON Definitions.JPG

Back