• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lynch Road Fender Tag

V269

Reaction score
Can someone show me a picture of a fender tag from a lynch road car ? :yesnod: Trying to get an idea of what an original looks like to have one made for my car. Need to know where the info should be on it to be correct. You can pm me to keep it some what secret. Trust me, I wont copy it. :devil: :devil: :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gary:

Your car is originally a Sunfire Yellow car! I don't think I knew that; maybe I forgot... Cool. My droptop was Y2...kinda like looking in a mirror when I look at pictures of Steven's droptop... Anyway, yours is a typical LR tag...I know your car is a N96 car...yet nothing on the tag... Bambi's tag is pretty accurate unlike most LR cars...since she has basically no options other than the all important "A12" stamping... :lol:

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Gary:

Your car is originally a Sunfire Yellow car! I don't think I knew that; maybe I forgot... Cool. My droptop was Y2...kinda like looking in a mirror when I look at pictures of Steven's droptop... Anyway, yours is a typical LR tag...I know your car is a N96 car...yet nothing on the tag... Bambi's tag is pretty accurate unlike most LR cars...since she has basically no options other than the all important "A12" stamping... :lol:

ACME
Mine is posted on the runner update thread but you have to look through 99000 pages :lol:

A12

Reaction score
Gary, what a co-inkydink I owned this car for over six years and never got to the point that I was going to get a chance to restore it so I sold it seven months ago :( another RM23 Y2 4-speed (w/console) number's matching. Kicked myself everyday for selling in and probably never get over doing that :( :( :(

Oh look it's a non-bent corner Lynch Road fender tag with little to no paint on it.......don't get me started :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

A12

Reaction score
Gary, my ex-rr was scheduled to be built nine days after your's, pretty close on the VIN's eh?

MikeR

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
A12 said:
Oh look it's a non-bent corner Lynch Road fender tag with little to no paint on it.......don't get me started :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Obviously a fake then... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
That is very cool. Too bad we don't have a time machine just to see what our cars have been through over the years. I was digging through mine and found an ex-owner in Michigan on an insurance card. I'm going to try to contact him and see if I can get any history on the car. I'm a history buff and I really dig finding stuff like this............ :thumbsup:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
A12 said:

Mine isn't painted either. What is going on here? :huh:

A12

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
ACME A12 said:
A12 said:

Mine isn't painted either. What is going on here? :huh:

If it's a Lynch Road fender tag they were supposedly hanging somewhere inside of the car like the steering column brace or maybe the rear view mirror mount, or where the dash would go or......they were not on the fender inside of the engine compartment attached with the left screw and the tag BENT up for painting. That's why you find different amounts of paint on the front and back of an original untouched LR fender tag and never a BENT upper left corner. Supposedly the LR fender tags were hung with a paperclip and I just so happen to have a couple of boxes of OEM and NOS fender tag hanging paperclips for sale :jester: :jester:

808907_sk_lg.jpg

V269

Reaction score
A12 said:
Gary, what a co-inkydink I owned this car for over six years and never got to the point that I was going to get a chance to restore it so I sold it seven months ago :( another RM23 Y2 4-speed (w/console) number's matching. Kicked myself everyday for selling in and probably never get over doing that :( :( :(

Mike, what do the numbers in the row 2nd from the top represent ? I think they are the engine, trani, and axle code off the build sheet but which engine, trani, axle, did your car come with. I am trying to find the axle code for a 3.91 which I have in my car. Thank's Gary and Mike for the great pics. Ken. :thumbsup: :beep:

A12

Reaction score
Ken, with 11" rear drums and 3.91 8-3/4 Suregrip the 3-digit code would be: 643 for the A31 option

10" rear drums has 642 for the code.

Mike

V269

Reaction score
A12 said:
Ken, with 11" rear drums and 3.91 8-3/4 Suregrip the 3-digit code would be: 643 for the A31 option

10" rear drums has 642 for the code.

Mike

Mike, thank's buddy. That is exactly what I am looking for. I went with the A31 axle package when I did my restoration but just needed the code for the tag. My car has 11" drums and the 8 3/4 diff. The code I have for the 383 engine is 897 and the 4 speed trani is 603. Are these correct ? :thumbsup: :beep:

Ken.

A12

Reaction score
Ken, 897 is correct for a '69 383-4bbl manual trans with A/C. Without A/C (heater only) the code is 925 as on the two fender tags shown. Remember the A/C engine is turquoise not orange with a '69 A/C 383 rr.

Here's a photo of a survivor '69 383-4bbl Super Bee engine.......notice anything............899 is the 383-4bbl auto trans with A/C code

MikeR

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Mike - where did you find a listing for the LR codes? The A12 stuff is documented to death, but I've found it fairly difficult to uncover the codes for the 383 cars... If you have a complete listing perhaps you could post them or send to 3birds1x to be placed in the reference section... Just a thought...

ACME

V269

Reaction score
A12 said:
Ken, 897 is correct for a '69 383-4bbl manual trans with A/C. Without A/C (heater only) the code is 925 as on the two fender tags shown. Remember the A/C engine is turquoise not orange with a '69 A/C 383 rr.

Here's a photo of a survivor '69 383-4bbl Super Bee engine.......notice anything............899 is the 383-4bbl auto trans with A/C code

MikeR

Mike thank's for the info and that is a great pic of a nice survivor engine. Something of your's maybe ? Like Ray said, can you share your Lynch Road code lists ? :D I'm always on the hunt for new info on my car as it did not come with either a build sheet or a fender tag. Thank's to everyone on this site I have found out more in the past few months about it than I ever new. Suprising how you can own something for so long and still learn new thing's about it. Thank's to all. :thumbsup: :beep:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd like to get info to start a numbers section with info on the tags, and casting numbers date codes and I'd like to create an edited version of features judges look for or check out pertaining to the 69's. Another thing after taking some defogger photos I think it would be neat to do a section of just reference photos of the cars, preferably survivor or judging quality cars for parts ID-ing, general reference and also for those times when we take something apart and forget how or where it went so if anybody can help let me know and as always I'm looking for any other cool stuff to post literature - vintage photos - memorabilia etc

Back