• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manual BACK to ATOD?

bluescowboy

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm the third (and longest), owner of a 1972 RR. When I purchased the car it was equipped with a 4-speed MT, with Hurst pistol grip. I knew the previous owner and he told me the original owner converted the car from an AT to the MT. Nothing I could do... the car/transmission has never given me any problem, and mechanics who have worked on the car said the conversion was pretty much flawlessly executed.

My question... I'm considering switching back to an AT - BUT - want to go with an ATOD that can handle 550-600 HP/TQ. I will have an award-winning, very competent shop do this work.

What I want is some feedback on what transmission is recommended? NOW, the possibility exists that I may go with a 5-speed OD manual - BUT - I would still appreciate the feedback on the Automatic w/OD.

Thanks much,

BC :cool:

stevo

Reaction score
727 all day with a Frank Lupo converter ....what rear end gears are you running?

Back