• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manual steering to power conversion??

cj69RR

Reaction score
Question on converting from manual steering to power on my 383, 69 runner. I was at the old junk yard this past weekend and saw a 70/71 cornet classic with a power steering box in it, pump and lines missing. Can I use this box and what else do I need to get? I think the intermidate shaft and pitman arm? Thanks for the help

cj69RR

Reaction score
So I need the column? Are the gears the same on the manual column? What parts do I need to pull to get this to work? Or piece this thing together? Thanks for all the help.

preddy

Reaction score
cj69RR said:
So I need the column? Are the gears the same on the manual column? What parts do I need to pull to get this to work? Or piece this thing together? Thanks for all the help.

If you can't get the shaft, they make a little extender. I did the same thing you're trying to do and didn't have the longer shaft. I think I got my shaft extender from Mancini (that just sounds wrong...) for about $115.

I found a picture of one on another forum.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/sho ... hp?t=92943

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
preddy said:
cj69RR said:

If you can't get the shaft, they make a little extender. I did the same thing you're trying to do and didn't have the longer shaft. I think I got my shaft extender from Mancini (that just sounds wrong...) for about $115.

You're going the wrong way... :lol:

moparstuart

Reaction score
I have not done it but i've heard you can just tap the longer shaft back up into the column and make it work of this change over . Just what a couple guys that have done it told me ???

preddy

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
preddy said:
cj69RR said:

You're going the wrong way... :lol:

d0h! I am! Ignore what I said... :banana:

Back