• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Minor Electrical Blues

AELLERB2000

Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of wiring diagram for the emergency flashers and backup lights. My right and left turn signals both work, but I when I turn on my emergency flashers, the right rear tail light does not flash.
I have a 727 torque flight, except for park my backup lights are on regardless of the gear I'm in (R, N, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd).

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
go to forums then reference materials, repair & maintenance, manuals then wiring diagrams

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
I made these up with with a cut and paste from the 1969 factory prints.
This is the way I do it for future trouble shooting.
I find having something that looks like the original prints on them is helpful for reference.
I did find some errors on the wires at the turn signal flasher IIRC.
Corrected on here.
I don't believe there is any connection between your reverse lights and your flashers.
IF the lines don't go anywhere on these prints that means the are irrelevant to the flasher/stop/turn.
I have simplified prints for a 4 speed car that I've made.
The factory prints are all online as he said.
From working with that I can tell you that the prints are sort of cobbled together on that system.
I'm guessing you have a bad switch and the power should be on one side of the plug at all times and the switch complete the circuit only in reverse.
Easy check with a meter.
Perhaps pull the plug off and check that.

1717930656255.jpeg

The internals of the switch is always a mystery on Chrysler prints.
(Same with the wiper motors . They trouble shoot up to the switch. After that the tech was going to just change the motor I imagine.)
1717933523958.png
This later work drawing contains a representation on the 1969 prints of what the switch does from a later A body set of prints which shows the internals.
The pin numbers are self explanatory follow them from one to the other.

1717930703009.jpeg

Last edited:

AELLERB2000

Reaction score
I made these up with with a cut and paste from the 1969 factory prints.
This is the way I do it for future trouble shooting.
I find having something that looks like the original prints on them is helpful for reference.
I did find some errors on the wires at the turn signal flasher IIRC.
Corrected on here.
I don't believe there is any connection between your reverse lights and your flashers.
IF the lines don't go anywhere on these prints that means the are irrelevant to the flasher/stop/turn.
I have simplified prints for a 4 speed car that I've made.
The factory prints are all online as he said.
From working with that I can tell you that the prints are sort of cobbled together on that system.
I'm guessing you have a bad switch and the power should be on one side of the plug at all times and the switch complete the circuit only in reverse.
Easy check with a meter.
Perhaps pull the plug off and check that.

View attachment 38461

The internals of the switch is always a mystery on Chrysler prints.
(Same with the wiper motors . They trouble shoot up to the switch. After that the tech was going to just change the motor I imagine.)
View attachment 38468
This later work drawing contains a representation on the 1969 prints of what the switch does from a later A body set of prints which shows the internals.
The pin numbers are self explanatory follow them from one to the other.

View attachment 38462
Awesome...that's super cool! Thank you!

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of wiring diagram for the emergency flashers and backup lights. My right and left turn signals both work, but I when I turn on my emergency flashers, the right rear tail light does not flash.
I have a 727 torque flight, except for park my backup lights are on regardless of the gear I'm in (R, N, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd).
When we were kids and saw reverse lights on all the time, we were told that it was a Fast Car. It was "All Hopped Up." What a great memory.

Back