• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Performance Leaf Springs

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Anyone use the Mopar Perf replacement leaf springs? 4452982 and 4452983?

They're about half the price of Eaton springs.

John69RR

Reaction score
John, I have them on my car. They are stiffer plus there was not a "rake" to the rear suspension. The car rode at almost the same height. I used the original "U"bolts on mine. You can see the right side nuts ride flush with the threads. Prior to installing them, I took them apart and had them powder coated Spartan Bronze. They came out a dark cast grey color. Easy to clean.

Rear_Suspension 004.jpg

Rear_Suspension 007.jpg

6t9runner440

Reaction score
I have them on my car...I really like the way it sits....also just recently put on a set of good shocks...KYB's...It rides very nicely[attachment=0:zz448ace]DSC00563.JPG[/attachment:zz448ace]

DSC00566.JPG

DSC00563.JPG

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of them. They made my Challenger look all broken down in the back.

Call TriCityCompetition. Have heard nothing but good on them.

dobie

Reaction score
Back when I still had the 68 Satellite around, I changed the original springs out with these. They didn't change the appearance much, but it sure rode better. I'll use them again on the RR one day.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
the salesman that comes to the shop i work at made a call to his shop. got the specs for the springs i needed and had them made in 3 business days. since i am going for the A12 thing, i had a pair of springs made with the extra leaf on one side.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Yeah - I put them on my car this past year. They raised the rear up by maybe an inch or so and still have not solved my wheel hop issues. For that I need to install the adjustable pinion snubber. Even with 275-60R15 rear tires it really hammers the rear floorboard with the stock snubber.
I expected a harsher ride from them but so far they've been very good - and since I don't take the car to the track I can live with the wheel hop for now.

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
I had the adjustable one on my car. I had it screwed all the way in and it sounded like someone hitting the floorboard with a hammer every time I went over a bump. I eventually put the stock one back on.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Before I put a big pinion snubber in, I would clamp the front of the leaf springs. I've seen it done (and done it myself) on a lot of cars with good results.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Big John said:
Before I put a big pinion snubber in, I would clamp the front of the leaf springs. I've seen it done (and done it myself) on a lot of cars with good results.

Agreed. I need to take some of the stock clamps off (especially those behind the rear axle) and see if that won't help some. I'd never run the adjustable snubber all the time, just pop it on if headed to the track. Its easy enough to do.

Back