• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motor City Blues

Drmopar383

Reaction score
It has been awhile since I have been here. A lot has happened since I was last here. Divorce, bankruptcy and just trying to survive. I am having a problem with my bird and haven't been able to investigate what the cause is. Has anyone ever heard of the flex plate cracking? I am hoping that all it is is the torque converter bolts have loosened and is causing the problem. At first I thought it was an exhaust leak, but a friend of mine listened to it and that was his diagnosis, so I haven't started the car in some time. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. My computer crashed and I lost all of the pics of my bird so I can't post anything. Thanks guys!:encouragement:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome back! yeah real life can suck! I think I have heard of the plates cracking, but the guys with more know how will chime in. get that bird fixed and have some fun!

droptop

Reaction score
I had one crack and break on a mid 80's 4x4 with a 360. Sounded just like a rod knock. You should be able to see by removing the inspection plate.

Back