• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my daytona replica before and after

bigblocksam

Reaction score
hey guys . i thought i'd share some pics with you guys of my daytona replica . i wanted a wing car since i was a 13 yrs old. i was never able to afford one so i built one .

before.

bigblocksam

Reaction score
she was well built . i've had her over 105mph for about 5 minutes and she was super stable . i hear the faster you go , the lower the car gets because of the down force . i hope to take her up to about 130mph . i'm not sure where yet . Rene

bigblocksam

Reaction score
[It looks like you did a job on that car! *]

thanks bro . i couldn't have done it without the help of my friends. :cheers:

daytonalo made me some great wing washers. i'll paint them body color . if i ever paint her . the flat black has really grown on me . it looks tuff . plus low matainance . every nut and bolt that i added to her is stainless . plus most off the moving parts in the nose and the z brackets are gloss black power coated . see pic

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
wow you really did a great job on the charger....i have a question....i am looking at the rear windshield...is that a charger 500??...do you have to reinforce your fenders for that wing??[i think i saw a brace going to the trunk extension]

bigblocksam

Reaction score
[*is that a charger 500?]

no, i converted the rear glass and had to chop the trunk lid in half. hotrod the converted the trunk lid for me .

[*i saw a brace going to the trunk extension]

:yesnod: the wing brackets connect the bottom of the wing to the trunk floor .

hotrod98

Reaction score
Rene, are those the original wing braces that you had or the ones that I made? Just curious.

I test fitted the daytona wing braces on the 69 runner with the superbird wing and I had to modify them just a little, but they're going to work just fine. Thank goodness.

Here'a pic of how we modify the charger deck lid to fit the smaller opening of the daytonas and 500's.

moparstuart

Reaction score
bigblocksam said:
[*is that a charger 500?]

no, i converted the rear glass and had to chop the trunk lid in half. hotrod the converted the trunk lid for me .

[*i saw a brace going to the trunk extension]

:yesnod: the wing brackets connect the bottom of the wing to the trunk floor .
very nice clone dude , you did a great job :lmao:

bigblocksam

Reaction score
[*very nice clone dude , you did a great job ]

i'm gonna have to slap you silly when i see you and i'll bring daytonalo with me. :lmao:

bigblocksam

Reaction score
it's all in good fun .i don't think i could hang with him for a long time . he's intense.
i'm not working on anything , it's been snowy and 19 degrees here . today it's 54 . i'm gonna pull the motor on my daytona and stick in a 69 440 hp motor that i'm building . i'm doing all the rebuild on this motor myself in my sheld. i've built several motors like that and theve all worked out well . this motor has no ridge in the cylenders so i don't have to bore it . i'm putting the 383 motor thats in daytona in the challenger . Rene

moparstuart

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
bigblocksam said:
[*very nice clone dude , you did a great job ]

i'm gonna have to slap you silly when i see you and i'll bring daytonalo with me. :lmao:
bring it on , all in good fun

what car are you working on the most now ? the challey yet ?

see you had me fooled I thought the daytona already had a 440 in it , I did wonder about the blue paint

bigblocksam

Reaction score
[*see you had me fooled I thought the daytona already had a 440 in it , I did wonder about the blue paint]

yea i was gonna paint it orange and leave it alone . it has a 1969 335hp rebuilt motor .very, very dependable . so to pull out a dependable motor to replace it with a fresh motor that may mess up on me was not an easy decicision . but i have a low miliage 69 hp motor . plus i have an extra sixpack set up for it . sooooooooooooooo , gotta do it . :drive:

moparstuart

Reaction score
bigblocksam said:
[*see you had me fooled I thought the daytona already had a 440 in it , I did wonder about the blue paint]

yea i was gonna paint it orange and leave it alone . it has a 1969 335hp rebuilt motor .very, very dependable . so to pull out a dependable motor to replace it with a fresh motor that may mess up on me was not an easy decicision . but i have a low miliage 69 hp motor . plus i have an extra sixpack set up for it . sooooooooooooooo , gotta do it . :drive:

yeah i like my daytona motor demon look

moparchris

Reaction score
Awesome car! You have really done a great job on it. I too would love to build a daytona like yours and put it 2 tacos (on their side, LOL) from the ground. My question is who did you get the parts from?

69runner

Reaction score
Very nice job, the rear window conversion looks great. :yesnod:

bigblocksam

Reaction score
My question is who did you get the parts from?

hi guys

thanks for the kind words guys . it was a labor of luv. since money was an problem . i sourced out as many parts as i could from friends that i made over on the charger board . Dane made me the aluminum wing . the nose is a stinger product but another friend made it work .

yeah i like my daytona motor demon look

i am not a big fan on demons for the street . great for the track .also Stuart , those exhaust manifolds will kill your top end . they gotta go. Rene

Back