• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My old WS6.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Mopar or any car!

This was one badass car. I mean a BRUTE. For stock that is. I won a ton of races with that car, did 150 MPH for the first time, did some killer burnouts all the time, it could corner harder than I cared to take it. If I had grown up like my buddy with wealth and priviledge, I would have taken it hard since I could have driven harder with some practice. I would have lost my DL if I drove like my friend. He could get a car around a hairpin with room to spare. I know since he put his dad's 69 Chevelle around a 90 one day that was unexpected.

2001-1.jpg

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Not sure what the difference is in this one, let's see.

I would like to fill in the white helmet with black, that kills the pic and it is one of my favorites. It is the only one I have left of that car. I wish I had my 71 Cuda saved in some way. Back up your hard drives! Pics at least, or put them on photobucket or email them to yourself.

2001.jpg

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I tied the frame and put in a STB.

There is a curve on a road I know real well that has a gentle 55 or 60 degree turn.

I took it at 90 one day and thought "Damn, that is nothing"

So next time I took it at 110.

Thought the same thing.

So next trip I took it at 120. Thought, "You know, this thing could do it at 135 easy"

Put it on the market the next day. That thing was STUPID fast. Always got 20 MPG in mixed driving with the AUTO.

I got pulled over in that arrest me red devil so much I was almost walking. It was so easy to slide around a corner that I got to doing it all the time. Burnouts were as easy as turning the traction control off at the push of a button.

Tires cost 800 shipped from Tirerack back in 01. Sold it the first of 02.

moparchris

Reaction score
Looks like its leaving pretty hard! Neat car, I had a 97 Z28 that I raced at open track days. My buddy would get in my car and run it around the track 10 seconds faster than me! I never had the nerve to push that thing as hard as it could go. I figured I needed to stick to drag racing. Sold it because I had enough of working on it. What a nightmare! I sold it at a loss. I do miss it though what fun car. What did your ws6 run? How come you dont have any pics of the Roadrunner at the track?

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I don't live near that track anymore, not as close anyway.

That car got tons of rock chips from all of the cars burning out. Looked pretty bad. The staging lanes are at more of a 45 than a 90 there. So your car gets peppered much more.

All that and I like driving the RR much more than others, and thereis ALWAYS more crap to fix when you race. I learned that the hard way.

The best that car ever cut was a 13.05 at 104. All it had were simply things like a lid and a MAF change. I put a cutout on the exhaust and it made the trans GRIND. Would shift at 4500 then. Guess I found the limit! Put the plug back in and it was fine. Shifted at 6000 again like it should. Weird.

A good convertor and slicks would have made for mid 12's easy.

It was a pain to work on. I did get it down to having the pulgs all changed in just under 30 minutes, but it took some practice. Strange thing was, no matter what plug went in, nothing and I mean nothing came close to the OEM Densos. Nothing, and I tried all sorts of stuff. People swore copper had to fire easier but it didn't work that way. Must of had a system designed for the resistence of the platinum plugs :huh:

dobie

Reaction score
Very nice! I looked at buying a used '99 or '00 if I remember correctly back in '01. It was between that and a '97 Cobra. I test drove both. The Cobra was the car I really wanted after driving them. It just seemed quicker, and the exhaust note was pure music! Anyways, I was declined as I had little credit history at the time. All the better though, as eventually I saw the light and got turned on to old Mopar's!

:cheers:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Those things were really overpriced and not worth it IMO over the long haul. Maybe after they took the hit after a few years but not new. I think buying it new and all that cost me 10K to drive it 22,000 miles. But I have a lot of cool stuff to talk about, right?

Back