• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My ride

74 Roadrunner

Reaction score
Hi folks, I 'm a new member and looking for a couple parts for my 1974
400 4speed Roadrunner. I need 2 windshield wiper bushings and a speedometer cable for my car. Can anyone help me out with some info where to look?

DSC_8250.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Summit racing for speed o cable. Don't know about the bushing for windshield wiper bushings. MO parts might have them. Or Check Classic industries. What is wrong with what you have. Welcome to the site.

74 Roadrunner

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I just got it in may after a guy let it sitting for almost 5 years. It's inspected and running. Had to pull the gas tank out, clean it ,replaced the fuel lines, new plugs & wires cleaned the 4 barrel carb, I just replaced the fuel filter for the 3rd time in 3 months.
When I get on it , it starts sputtering and wants to fall on its face. I have to down shift and get the rpm's up . It started getting worse about about two weeks ago. It still does it after I put the new fuel filter on last week. Going to try some more choke & carb cleaner tomorrow. If it still carries on the last thing I can think of is to pull the gas tank again and have it dipped.
Does anyone have any ideas what's going on with it? Any suggestions would help. I'm running low on money after throwing about 3 grand into it.
I also had to replace the alternator, voltage regulater, points and battery, basically most electric things. The previous owner hooked up the battery wrong when he was drunk and fried most electric parts. Left it in that way for years , with it just sitting there for years. Any ideas what to do about it running rough? Slow speed it runs better. Thanks

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Welcome, nice car. These cars are growing on me. I have had a local cruise night buddy wanting to trade me his sassy grass green (not original color) 74 Road Runner for my 74 440' New Yorker but I haven't done the trade. Twice now he has offered.

Back