• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need info on how to paint interior correctly

nicanor

Reaction score
I went down to see how my car was doing at the painters. Looks like they are going to start painting the main part of the body Friday.

They painted the interior of the doors R4. The whole interior of the door. I told him that part of the interior, upper and lower needed to be painted black. Where does the black start and stop and where does the R4 start and stop?

I know the door jams are the same color of the car, but what about the underneath of the door itself? Does the color change from black to R4 under the door seal so you don't see the transfer in color?

Also, what is the small hole in the driver's and passenger's side just below the window in the part that is suppose to be painted black? I think the hole is for adjustable mirrors which I do not have. I see in a picture that it is filled with a screw or plug. Do you know what fills the hole if it is not used for an adjustable mirror.

If you have a picture to show, that would help tremendously.

Thanks,
Barry

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I answered this same kind of post not long ago and can't find it. Anyway the color changes at the whether strip and the loose panel below the rear side windows get paint at least on a hardtop

road runner 391 (Medium).jpg

road runner 393 (Medium).jpg

road runner 390 (Medium).jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Oh the small hole is part of the window adjustment or mounting then a black grommet covers it

Back