• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some input

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I keep looking at it and it overwhelms the engine, yes kinda fugly and I'd have to add a ton of bling to offset it . Think I'll stay with the V-belts. I was going to trade it for a couple of guns I have for sale .

Last edited:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
This says it all......

2008_0718Stuff0019.jpg

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
FUGLY is a good description of them.

Plus to much money for not getting much out of them.:cents:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Bob, did I see somewhere else that you've given up on the idea, or just on this particular piece?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Its just over the top, it all hangs off the water pump housing and looks kinda goofy. I thought I could incorporate my A/C compressor and go to a single belt but then I would have to go with electric fans and I don't want to do that.

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
69HemiBeep I have some on my 68 RR BB wedge, pieced together one on the power steering {it's a Unisteer rack & pinion}, my alternator & lower crankshaft pulley, are March Ind. serpentine I got them from {March Industries, from Magnum Force Racing} & an idler for my power steering from Magnum Force Racing all 6 rib Serpentine, March dual crank pulley was like $130ish, the alternator was like $50ish, the idler was like $40ish, the bolt-on power-steering pump from Unisteer had a serpentine pulley already, they are like $40ish too IIRC, belts were relatively cheap like $20ish each X 2, I got them from Summit Racing, no water-pump serpentine pulley, I have an electric water pump & fans which you don't have to do, but that's why I used a idler pulley, to clear the bely under the water pump.. I have about $270ish in my set-up, I had to space out the alternator some & made a custom 7075 aluminum bracket to mount the idler pulley & space the power-steering pump properly, I got some various sized 3/8" hole chrome spacers from Orchard Supply Hardware & a couple of washers for shims here & there, some new stainless bolts for hardware for the water pump & alt., power steering mt.'s another $40ish so about $310ish + a little fab time & hardware, in my serpentine belt set-up...

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I think before I do anything I'm going to test fit the 440 in the car. Thanks for the info I'll make a note of it.

Back