• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to figure out the correct name

4spd69RR

Reaction score
For the felt pieces that clip on the door on either side of the driver and passenger windows. I have always call them cat whiskers, however, that is not the correct name. Does anyone have a clue? Need to find two set for both doors. Where can I find them, Classic industries or somewhere else?

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Metro calls them"sweeper end plug"

P/N SB73-B

I don't remember who I bought them from but only one I could find that had them was a metro vender.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
Too bad your not going to Carlisle picked mine up there for 90 bucks for all them with great fit.forget the name but found out it is one of the top names for them. Maybe finish line

droptop

Reaction score
Just make sure not to get the rubber squeegee type. They leave about a 2 inch gap between the door and quarter window. Not to mention they don't look right at all. :cents:

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Window sweeps, go figure, all this time I called them cat whiskers. Thanks for the input gang, now that I know the real name I can order me a couple of sets.

A31PKG

Reaction score
4spd69RR said:
Window sweeps, go figure, all this time I called them cat whiskers. Thanks for the input gang, now that I know the real name I can order me a couple of sets.

I've also seen the term cat whiskers used to describe the door glass run channels mostly in older cars - say, pre-60 ....

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of places/people call it just what it is..."Window Felt" or "Window Channel Felt" also... :cents:

Back