• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to increase number of legislators

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
If there were more legislators, it would be much harder for factions to "buy" DC. It would spread out power and make it tough on lobbiests to infuence enough votes to pass these corrupt bills that we seem to be getting more and more of each passing decade.

It would also generate more jobs via campaigns and advertising during elections- something we need right now.

I'm sure our current lineup of officals can't wait to jump on proposals to spread out their power...

BTW, Reps have to have at least 30K living in their district per the Constitution.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I always take the approach that "less is more" when it comes to government. Personally, I'd pass on this suggestion... :cents:

Ray

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
That is actually my angle- spread out power so it is harder for them to ram crap down our throats, like bailouts, unspecified healthcare reform, etc. I think more gridlock would be a good thing. The more hands out wanting something for their district in exchange for their vote would muck up the works. Would lead to smaller government by limiting it's chances to expand.

Concensus will still form quickly in times of emergency.

Back