• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 74 RR project

John Whaley

Reaction score
Hello,

new to the forum, I appreciate everyone’s post in advance.

so I’m about to pickup a 74 roadrunner that I believe came factory with a 318. Right now it doesn’t have a motor and trans in it, and it just recently had a 318 motor in it last week that the seller pulled.

I have a 440 BB and a 727 trans I’m going to put in it, and my question for that is will the motor mounts match up, or will I have to weld new mounts in or is there an adapter I can purchase for the mounts?

also the driver side rear quarter panel needs to be replaced, and I can find full quarter panels for a 71 and 72 quarter panel all day, but nothing for a 74, anyone know where I can pick one up at all?

thanks

quikbird

Reaction score
Yes you will need to change the motor mounts. Also do some measuring trans tunnel etc since I think that car never had an option for that engine trans combo. Someone will correct me if I am wrong on that assumption.
Welcome to the site and let’s see some pics when you get the car

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Contact AMD and see if they know where quarter's are being reproduced or not. This maybe something you have to get from a salvage yard. :( Welcome to the forum.

Back