• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Gas Tank

Steve

Reaction score
Fitted this a few months back and now no longer have to change the fuel filter every 5 mins due to crud being sucked up.The sender had seen better days as well and only registered 3/4 full when tank was at the brim so new one of them fitted also and I now get a full sweep :thumbsup: Here's 2 pics.
enginepics2011.jpg
enginepics2015.jpg

droptop

Reaction score
I need to do the same thing to the 300. A clogged fuel filter left us on the side of the road in Iowa on the Power Tour in June.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Great job Steve! :thumbsup: Just one question, how did you manage to get a new sending unit that actually works properly? It seems like everyone else has problems with them!!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
lookin good Steve! my sender works fine.

Steve

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Roadcuda said:
Great job Steve! :thumbsup: Just one question, how did you manage to get a new sending unit that actually works properly? It seems like everyone else has problems with them!!![/quote

I guess I was lucky.I also remembered reading on here to bend the float arm to ensure you got a full sweep.It's been well worth joining this site for the hints and tips as well as the banter :thumbsup:

6R9Runner

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Great job Steve! :thumbsup: Just one question, how did you manage to get a new sending unit that actually works properly? It seems like everyone else has problems with them!!!
This topic inspired me to remove my sender, which had a range between E and 1/4 even when topped up. The geometry of the repos is slightly different than the original, apparently just enough to mess up the gauge. In my case, the float arm needed to be bent down to make the sender read less than 50 ohms. Its probably an iterative process for any car with a new gas tank or a ride pitch that differs from stock. If you put it in and it works that is lucky! :thumbsup: At least I know now that for my car, a reading greater than 31 ohms allows me to remove the sender without getting a gas bath.
UPDATE: its now reading 1/2 with a full tank. One more adjustment should get it. :drive:

Back