• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Gear Set

RR383

Reaction score
Thinking about swapping out the tired 3:23 open diff for a new 3:55 Sure Grip unit from Mancini. In hopes this will provide a crisper acceleration behind the 727. I don't feel like the original 3:23 is enough with the auto to get this heavy car up and moving.
Thoughts/comments...thanks:cents:

Coyote

Reaction score
I've got 3:55 8 3/4 in the MOPAR, 3:54 Dana 60 in the Brand "C". Decent all around gear, little more revs on the road. Fine around town. I eventually put a Tremec 5 gear in the Brand "C", it's on the road for longer trips all the time. MOPAR still has the 833 4 gear.

RR383

Reaction score
I've got 3:55 8 3/4 in the MOPAR, 3:54 Dana 60 in the Brand "C". Decent all around gear, little more revs on the road. Fine around town. I eventually put a Tremec 5 gear in the Brand "C", it's on the road for longer trips all the time. MOPAR still has the 833 4 gear.

Tell me...did you have a 3:23 gear prior to moving to the 3:55?

snook

Reaction score
My 3.55's are howling. I'm taking the opportunity to go with some 3.91's and new axles with green bearings from Dr. Diff. Should scoot right along. I have G70-15's, so the 3.91's should be a perfect street gear with the slightly taller tire.

You'll like the 3.55's, it's a good all around gear.

Coyote

Reaction score
Tell me...did you have a 3:23 gear prior to moving to the 3:55?

Nope, car came with it. Car has had LOTS of cobbling, modifications/upgrades. It was put together by someone that knew a lot about MOPARS, but even more about money. QB and I have found some serious scary stuff done to it in the last 50 years. It's getting straightened out, money and time! Surprise! The durn thing even has the HEMI 4 gear 833 in it. Fresh 440 just about installed, clutch disc issues. McLeod swapped me the hemi discs for the dual disc clutch for just shipping. Great outfit to deal with.

Back