• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy in Prescott, AZ

Bird Man Of AZ

Reaction score
Hi,

50 years ago when I returned from my tour in Vietnam, I treated myself to a brand new car: a 1972 Roadrunner with a 340 and auto trans, in a nice Sky Blue color. (And of course, I'm still kicking myself in the butt for ever selling it.)

Over the recent years I've been searching for another "bird" and I found one last month: another beautiful 1972 RM23, also a 340/auto trans in B5 Blue with a white top. Needless to say, I feel like I've died and gone to heaven.

I'm really looking forward to gathering an abundance of information on this forum and joining up with my fellow RR owners.

Steve

May 1972

72RoadrunnerX.jpg

May 2022

IMG_0262 (2).JPG

Petroleum1

Reaction score
welcome!! i owned a '71 GTX 440+6 stick back in the mid 70's. That body style definitely took some getting used to over my '68RR but i had lots of fun driving it and she was quick!!...enjoy

MoparDan

Reaction score
Hi,

50 years ago when I returned from my tour in Vietnam, I treated myself to a brand new car: a 1972 Roadrunner with a 340 and auto trans, in a nice Sky Blue color. (And of course, I'm still kicking myself in the butt for ever selling it.)

Over the recent years I've been searching for another "bird" and I found one last month: another beautiful 1972 RM23, also a 340/auto trans in B5 Blue with a white top. Needless to say, I feel like I've died and gone to heaven.

I'm really looking forward to gathering an abundance of information on this forum and joining up with my fellow RR owners.

Steve

May 1972

View attachment 35985

May 2022

View attachment 35984
Welcome Steve and from one Vietnam Vet to another, thankyou for your service. Love the two Pic's. I'm sure it brings back a lot of emotions. My 1st was a 69 1/2 A12 Super Bee. Like you I have been kicking myself in the ass for years. I traded it in for a new 1977 Roadrunner. Just one of many mistakes in my life.

Last edited:

Bird Man Of AZ

Reaction score
Welcome Steve and from one Vietnam Vet to another, thankyou for your service. Love the two Pic's. I'm sure it brings back a lot of emotions. My 1st was a 69 1/2 A12 Super Bee. Like you I have been kicking myself in the ass for years. I traded it in for a new 1977 Roadrunner. Just one of many mistakes in my life.
Hey Dan,

Right back at you from one Nam vet to another. One of my buddies at Ft. Eustis had a white '69 Super Bee and I absolutely loved his car. I feel your pain in trading it away. Do you still have your '77 RR?

Welcome home, Brother.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Hey Dan,

Right back at you from one Nam vet to another. One of my buddies at Ft. Eustis had a white '69 Super Bee and I absolutely loved his car. I feel your pain in trading it away. Do you still have your '77 RR?

Welcome home, Brother.
Hey Steve,

No I don't have the 77, I traded it in for a new 1979 Corvette. But the Corvette was so slow it couldn't get out of it's own way. I took it with me to Germany and a local wanted it so I sold it to him and made a couple grand. After my wife passed away I wanted another Super Bee but they were just out of my price range so I bought a project 1970 Roadrunner. Just as I was getting started life got in the way. So it has sat in the garage for the last 11 years. I started on it in March. Some of what I've done is smattered throughout the site. I bet you regret asking now! LOL :lol:

Welcome home to you too Brother.

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Steve. Are you going to the Stars and Stripes show in Prescott Valley? I might be up.

Back