• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New rear spring dilemma

Barry L

Reaction score
So I've removed the rear springs( original and never been off the car) as I want to replace with new ones which I have ordered and received from Mopar Parts Warehouse as they were a better price but the same p/n as what Mancini lists on their website. HD stock springs( Pass side has the 2 extra 1/2 leafs). When I lay the NEW ones side by side, the pass side is at least 1 inch or more higher than the drivers. If I stand on it, it does compress down to the same height as the driver side. I finally removed the old springs yesterday and removed the front hangar brackets today. I laid the OLD ones beside the NEW ones and both driver sides are the same height, and the OLD pass side is the same height as the OLD driver side. The NEW pass side is still at least an inch or more higher than the others.

Opinions as to if that new one will settle down once installed and gets weight on it or should it be re-arched to match the others? Equipped from the factory with the Performance Axle Package which included the Hemi suspension according to my Code Book.
Thanks

droptop

Reaction score
Put them on and see what happens. You can always take them back off and have them re-arched. :2cents:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Put them on and give them some time. I hear some people raise the driver side torsion bar to transfer weight but I would drive it for awhile. You could throw a dead body in the right side of the trunk LOL

V.R.D

Reaction score
as said install and see where it is . then as time passes they will settle and then you can say good or bad.

HD539

Reaction score
As stated above, install them and then put some miles on them. I installed new ones and am very pleased with the final result.

Back