• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice little project that really made a difference

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
The switch panel has long looked liek crap in my car, so I decided that I would spruce it up this weekend while it was too hot to be out in the sun.

I'll see if I can make this a befor and after so maybe people can see the difference. it makes it look liek a whole new car inside with the detail. Now though i noticed that the heater and fan control look like crap.

FYI, the rearview mirror is made of something that paint won't dry on. I got a handfull of that going down the road readjusting it. :brickwall:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Another thing that really was worth the little effort was blacking out behind the grill.

After this was taken, I decided to try and spray the upper part that is hard to see but is noticeable nonetheless. That helped also.

It kind of cool when people that know the car keep thinking it looks better and better. Little stuff like taking off all the tacky stickers that were on the car helped, the blackout, the dash, even stuff like painting the steering gear really makes a car look much better.

69RR2010005.jpg

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
it never does. I found that somwhow the oil gauge had a loose fitting while I was at it. Didn't get in the floor but had run down the pod. Wasn't the line, just the fitting.

I caught it in time, that is for sure. While I was tightening that up, i noticed how crappy the tach wires are since I just did enough work to get it working again when i decided to rip them loose the day the VR died and i thought the tach was going to get fried. I need to just cut it all out and redo it neatly.

But that would cut into precious drive time so...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
lookin good, now aren't ya glad you're keeping it!

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone makes decals that go over the fan and temp switch buttons that are a black backround with the correct white text, I bought them and found it to be worthwhile.

John69RR

Reaction score
I bought those decals a few months ago but can't remember from where. I do remember though that they came from Canada. Here are pictures of my controller with and without the decals. You can see that the decalls are actually for the A/C equipped cars. The letters are smaller and not in the same position.

Back