• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice morning for a top down stroll

RonLiv

Reaction score
No, peeing a little water from the overflow. It's 90 here today.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hope to take my first drive on my birth day this month on the 10. Have to rebuild my garage doors I too off to make the paint booth. Boy what ply wood cost now to replace and restore the door's like they where when I built them. Keep that bird rolling. What temp. thermostat are you running. I put a 160 in this one.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Hope to take my first drive on my birth day this month on the 10. Have to rebuild my garage doors I too off to make the paint booth. Boy what ply wood cost now to replace and restore the door's like they where when I built them. Keep that bird rolling. What temp. thermostat are you running. I put a 160 in this one.
I don't have a temperature gauge other than the needle on the dash. Most of the time it runs right around 1/4 of the way, just a little over the 1st line. If its hot outside, over 85 or so and I'm in traffic it will go to the 1/2 way point, but always goes back down once I start moving again. 160 Thermo. I don't use any coolant in it, perhaps I should. I just use distilled water. I do add a rust inhibitor, it's called "Purple" something or other. The guy at the garage said he could add a core? or something like that, which would help. But the car's never really overheated, just takes a pee once in a while.

RonLiv

Reaction score
A few more from the weekend. Went to "Pottstown Nights" on Saturday. A small town near where I live, they shut the streets down on Saturday night and allow people to bring their cars. Not many Mopars, only one other Road Runnertop down2.jpgtop down1.jpgtop down.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like fun, Ron. We took our drop-top GTS out last Sunday for breakfast. Getting to that part of the year where you just absolutely cook when sitting at a traffic light - at least down here anyway...but it sure is nice while you're rolling...

RonLiv

Reaction score
Sounds like fun, Ron. We took our drop-top GTS out last Sunday for breakfast. Getting to that part of the year where you just absolutely cook when sitting at a traffic light - at least down here anyway...but it sure is nice while you're rolling...
Same here, like a bug under a magnifying glass. We have an office in Ft Myers. I've been there in the summer months and while walking from the Hotel to the Office which is about 5 blocks, I was soaking wet, and sunburnt while wearing a long sleeve shirt and t-shirt. Even when it's 90 in Philly, its not the same as 90 in Florida. The sun is way more intense where you are. The people down there tell me they live the opposite of us up here in the North East. They live outside in the winter, and inside in the summer.

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Coolant is a must here in Fl. Wonder why you don't use it. We have been using it for years and it dose help may save spending money on a larger Rad. But each to his own and love that car. Catch ya latter Russ.

Back