• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No torsion bars - can I push it onto a trailer?

Rocket

Reaction score
Sorry for all the dumb questions,I am picking up a 68 satellite this week and he dropped the K member. I can't see the torsion bars anywhere. All I need to do is get this baby on my trailer and off it with a little maneuvering.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
wouldn't see why not. are there no front wheels I take it? maybe use a cherry picker,tow truck,back hoe,bunch of friends and lift the front up.

Rocket

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I want to put the K member back on with the tires. Was wondering how it would do without the torsion bars.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well if the K frame is bolted on with the four bolts...and the upper control arms are bolted as well, I can't see any reason why you couldn't push the car on/off a trailer.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm thinking it will bottom out. Tie a heavy duty piano dolly or something like that to the k-frame. The bigger the casters the better.

Rocket

Reaction score
It actually worked! I mounted the a-arms, the k-frame, shocks and wheels a few days ago. Then we backed the trailer right up to the car and uses a come-a-long to crank it up.

IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

Rocket

Reaction score
Its the photo, the top is a medium green color.

Rocket

Reaction score
Here's another photo IMG_1736.jpg

Even if I do use some parts to finish up my 69, what's left will be an awesome start for a project. The body and floors are in excellent shape. The trim is pristine as well. I need some trim, wipers, front bench (way better than the one I have), wheels, third-member is a new 742 w/4.10s, and misc pieces.

IMG_1736.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that definitely looks like a great project. even if your bench you're replacing is shredded, stick it in the other car.
glad you get it loaded ok.

Back