• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH

vso737

Reaction score
I finally took care of my transmission leak. It was coming from the Neutral Safety Switch. It appears that the NSW does NOT come with the "O" ring that is required to make it function properly. The NSW vendors ONLY supply the switch and the CUPPED washer that houses the "O" ring.
NEEDLESS to say, the mechanic (CROOK) that swapped over the TF727 for the four speed did NOT know this or did it on PURPOSE so I would visit him more often. I would bet on the latter. In any event, I sent away for the washer to this NSQ and the vendor ONLY supplied me with the cupped steel washer. Had no CLUE that the unit takes an "O" ring as well.
Hope this little bit of info will keep someones garage floor free of trans. fluid. I found out by a fluke after seeing a picture in a MOPAR manual.
LG,
MikeNSW o ring.JPG

Rumrunner

Reaction score
I finally took care of my transmission leak. It was coming from the Neutral Safety Switch. It appears that the NSW does NOT come with the "O" ring that is required to make it function properly. The NSW vendors ONLY supply the switch and the CUPPED washer that houses the "O" ring.
NEEDLESS to say, the mechanic (CROOK) that swapped over the TF727 for the four speed did NOT know this or did it on PURPOSE so I would visit him more often. I would bet on the latter. In any event, I sent away for the washer to this NSQ and the vendor ONLY supplied me with the cupped steel washer. Had no CLUE that the unit takes an "O" ring as well.
Hope this little bit of info will keep someones garage floor free of trans. fluid. I found out by a fluke after seeing a picture in a MOPAR manual.
LG,
MikeView attachment 36284

After a three year build on my 68, The only leak (and it's very small) is out of the neutral safety switch.
It didn't have an O-ring after the rebuild so I added one and it still leaked. I spent quite some time on this and finally gave up. The cupped washer must be the difference.
I asked the forum once about this and was suggested the reverse gear either didn't have the seal replaced or it was done improperly.
After dealing with the shop I made the mistake to use I thought this was the deal.
Thanks for the advice. Your sharing was good news to me.

IMG_2706.JPG

Back