• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Obamacare

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I hope that what Ive been hearing isn't true in your case, that folks that are blessed with Cadillac plans will be taxed under O-care. And you have a Cadillac

I'm just hoping that when more people find out about the crap like this then they'll finally wake and start screaming to these so called representatives of ours to scrap this thing and fix it with something that really works. Bigman. You say that United Healthcare is one of your providers? Did they just cut a few thousand doctors from their system? How is that going to help things for us?

jays69bird

Reaction score
I pay $86.78 a week for my family plan, which equals out to 20% of my premium which gives you an idea how much mine cost,my dental cost to me is $6.30 a week,then I carry two voluntary policies accident and critical care. How much longer I will have this I don't know the companies all want to go to these health care revolving account policies.

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
I'm just hoping that when more people find out about the crap like this then they'll finally wake and start screaming to these so called representatives of ours to scrap this thing and fix it with something that really works. Bigman. You say that United Healthcare is one of your providers? Did they just cut a few thousand doctors from their system? How is that going to help things for us?

I have had to change primary doctors after 5 years once, the old one just switched plans that I could not get via my union plan but my new doc is great and says no matter what he is sticking with it. After talking with a few doctors who said they would do something else due to the new healthcare law, it was clear that it was motivated purely by what they were used to being able to get for services and now it will be a little less depending on what plan you have.

Not sure how it works for you but my family, wife and kids still have their primary doctors with no know plan for them to bail on us so that fear is not on my mind right now. If it happens according to united health care there are plenty more docs out there participating in the plan. I hope you guys are not affected and if you are you find a system or plan that works for you and is affordable. your welcome to come to Cal and work with me ;) bring your car too we can put on our own car shows!

inri

Reaction score
I have had to change primary doctors after 5 years once, the old one just switched plans that I could not get via my union plan but my new doc is great and says no matter what he is sticking with it. After talking with a few doctors who said they would do something else due to the new healthcare law, it was clear that it was motivated purely by what they were used to being able to get for services and now it will be a little less depending on what plan you have.

Not sure how it works for you but my family, wife and kids still have their primary doctors with no know plan for them to bail on us so that fear is not on my mind right now. If it happens according to united health care there are plenty more docs out there participating in the plan. I hope you guys are not affected and if you are you find a system or plan that works for you and is affordable. If ot your welcome to come to Cal and work with me ;) bring your car too we can put on our own car shows!

Bigman,

Re: location, I believe you live around Brentwood, not that far from me :)

I read somewhere online that recently the Unions have tried to get out from under Obamacare. So basically, they were "for it" before they were "against it". lol

In all honesty I think it's really to early to tell and see what is going on. Doctors now could say one thing and then later do another. I think many are waiting to see...

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
Could be, if some drastic change came down to the membership that was going to cost us a lot more out our pockets we would raise holy hell and reject it and make or leaders do something else that worked for us, small increases we can handle since it basically comes out of any raise from the employers.

So I would never let a plan that made me pay more than I could afford. But that's not what the new health care is supposed to be about, it's supposed to be about making affordable health care available to everyone via making insurance company's lower the cost of it and making employers participate in a plan that works, i.e. a plan that fits the size of their company. What I think is happening is as usual the big money is perverting this to makes sure they do not loose any profits and somehow making it seem like it's the plans fault.

Reject it blow it up shut down the gooberment I don't care, like I said my plan is solid as long as I work, what sucks is after I retire I have only a small period of coverage then I'm on my own.

Also on a note about that article, remember the repuublickin majority forced many changes to the original plan and forced the unpresident to re write it remember they stripped out many details they reflect what I stated above so now what you see is a plan that sucks for all! So yeah who wouldn't be against it now? Worst part of all of it now for all of us is the unpresident is a lame duck who at this point really doesn't give a f@#k

Last edited:

Rocket

Reaction score
I wonder what your employer charges for a job? I'm glad I work in a Right to Work state . My subs would have to charge an arm and a leg to afford the Cadillac plan you got there Big man! Not bashing unions but you guys have it made.

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
We do have it made but remember in our area 99% of tech companies are here and are expanding and have billions of yours and mine hard earned money, Hospitals all are expanding and construction as a whole is in full swing. The cost of living is outrageous here we get no breaks on anything, we have refineries in our back yards dam near and gas is still $3.85 on a good day makes o sense but that's how it is, hell I got farms here in Brentwood I could throw rocks at but food costs are high. So how do you fight that? Make more money it's all we got. gooberment too f'ed up to do anything for anyone.

Also remember i mentioned earlier when it slows down and you get laid off, and that's longer than 6 months you are on your own union rules! My employer is pretty competitive in our market, I mean $20 million dollar projects are small to us.

I just hope all of you guys and gals out there make it through this healthcare nonsense and find yourselves so good affordable care for your families that is more important.

inri

Reaction score
We do have it made but remember in our area 99% of tech companies are here and are expanding and have billions of yours and mine hard earned money, Hospitals all are expanding and construction as a whole is in full swing. The cost of living is outrageous here we get no breaks on anything, we have refineries in our back yards dam near and gas is still $3.85 on a good day makes o sense but that's how it is, hell I got farms here in Brentwood I could throw rocks at but food costs are high. So how do you fight that? Make more money it's all we got. gooberment too f'ed up to do anything for anyone.

Also remember i mentioned earlier when it slows down and you get laid off, and that's longer than 6 months you are on your own union rules! My employer is pretty competitive in our market, I mean $20 million dollar projects are small to us.

I just hope all of you guys and gals out there make it through this healthcare nonsense and find yourselves so good affordable care for your families that is more important.

Bigman,

I grew up in the Bay (Walnut Creek baby!!). It's amazing to know that Google, Ebay, Apple, Yahoo!, Paypal, Oracle, Tesla, Cisco, HP, Palm, Solyndra (LOL) and so many others are all within 50 miles of another. A LOT OF MOOLAH OUT THERE, and I mean A LOT.

I really like your Facebook page. I enjoy the RR updates. Keep 'em coming!

inri

Reaction score
I'm not sure if any of you ever care to inquire about current events on Obamacare, but here's an article regarding "If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan" joke.

Peruse the article and then scroll down to the comments section and read some of the comments people across the nation are experiencing. I'm hopeful that this travesty of a bill will bring all Americans (Dem,Rep,Tea,Indep) together to repeal this and to also vote these knuckleheads out come Nov '14.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-why-many-americans-getting-204446320.html

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
In case you need a little more information to make up your mind about Obamacare.

So here's a guy that actually "miraculously" got onto the system and went through the process. He found out just how much his monthly premiums would be and exactly what his annual deductible was. It didn't take him long to realize that he could afford Obamacare! Since he actually made it though the system to find out what Obamacare meant to him, "THE SYSTEM" now has all of his information and it only took a couple of hours for them to tell him what his fine would be . . . which was also not affordable. But, THE SYSTEM is stacked against everyone who "opts out" in that they have put an attachment against you on your state driver's license and - if you're a homeowner - they will attach a lien against your home if you don't pay the fine.

Now let me ask you . . . did your elected representative tell you any of this about Obamacare and is there any wonder why they themselves have chosen not to be subject to Obamacare along with their families, staff members and their families????

Obamacare as it is being developed and implemented makes the underlying cause of why the Colonies fought the Revolutionary War look like a minor difference of opinion. Obamacare is not about healthcare. It is about CONTROL which translates directly into MONEY . . . YOUR MONEY!!!

It appears to me that America may have to fight The Second Revolutionary War in order to drive a stake into the heart of Obamacare.

It take 38 States to call for a Constitutional Convention. It will take a Constitutional Convention to peacefully end the corrupt Government we now have; or, it will take a Second Revolution and a Constitutional Convention to put America back together. Either way . . . it won't be pretty!!!

inri

Reaction score
In case you need a little more information to make up your mind about Obamacare.

So here's a guy that actually "miraculously" got onto the system and went through the process. He found out just how much his monthly premiums would be and exactly what his annual deductible was. It didn't take him long to realize that he could afford Obamacare! Since he actually made it though the system to find out what Obamacare meant to him, "THE SYSTEM" now has all of his information and it only took a couple of hours for them to tell him what his fine would be . . . which was also not affordable. But, THE SYSTEM is stacked against everyone who "opts out" in that they have put an attachment against you on your state driver's license and - if you're a homeowner - they will attach a lien against your home if you don't pay the fine.

Now let me ask you . . . did your elected representative tell you any of this about Obamacare and is there any wonder why they themselves have chosen not to be subject to Obamacare along with their families, staff members and their families????

Obamacare as it is being developed and implemented makes the underlying cause of why the Colonies fought the Revolutionary War look like a minor difference of opinion. Obamacare is not about healthcare. It is about CONTROL which translates directly into MONEY . . . YOUR MONEY!!!

It appears to me that America may have to fight The Second Revolutionary War in order to drive a stake into the heart of Obamacare.

It take 38 States to call for a Constitutional Convention. It will take a Constitutional Convention to peacefully end the corrupt Government we now have; or, it will take a Second Revolution and a Constitutional Convention to put America back together. Either way . . . it won't be pretty!!!

I wonder if this guy is one of "The Six" Americans who was able to sign up on the first day. :victorious:

I wish the "System" would Force only those who voted for Obama to have this wonderful, lovely, affordable healthcare *sarcasm*

Back