• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oh my!! What do these hoods go for?

moparchris

Reaction score
I sold one on ebay a few years ago and it was in original condition, read that no cover-ups, and the bidding was crazy. I wish I had about 50 more, then maybe I could afford that elusive wingcar that I need. :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
dang! if I had $2gs I could drive up there and grab that.

A12

Reaction score
Wow thanks for posting these links I feel much better now. Paid less than half of the going price from a member of the A12 reg site (also a drummer in a famous rock band :rimshot: ) and picked it up at the seller's home while on business. Packed it and had it shipped back in one of our race team semi's. Here it is right before I packed it still wet from cleaning it a little. The bottom "ugly" side is the best part because that's the way to tell an original from a repo. The bottom of an original looks so bad, the fiberglass mat is laid all crooked and poorly and the "green" resin starts to show through from wear, green is good here too :thumbsup: The top of this one is pretty thin on the organosol from years of neglect but it will get some fresh paint sooner or later. The Year One repos are the next best A12 hood and you have to watch that someone doesn't try to slip one by as an original.....just look at the bottom if it's real nice IT'S A REPO :D .

MikeR

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I have to laugh, back in 75 I took a perfectly good hood and air grabber off my old Hemi car, couldn't give it away so I took it to the dump and put an original a12 hood on to save weight. :crazy:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I have to laugh, back in 75 I took a perfectly good hood and air grabber off my old Hemi car, couldn't give it away so I took it to the dump and put an original a12 hood on to save weight. :crazy:

I think we're all guilty to some degree... When I got my FE5 340 Duster back in '78 the first thing I did was ditch the original air cleaner and valve covers for aftermarket stuff... A good '70 340 air cleaner goes for about $400 these days... Who knew...?

I also pitched the fender tag for that car in one of my early underhood "clean-ups"...turned out later (as I have told you old-timers before - some of the newer guys maybe don't know) to be one of a dozen 340 Dusters made at Windsor that Ma MoPar says were never made... :brickwall:

:jester:

Back