• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil pan gasket change

OcalaRoadKing

Reaction score
Hey folks. Need some thoughts on the best and safest way to raise the front end of my 69 RR up. I'm doing some engine work and really need to change out the oil pan gasket, minor leak so I thought I would just get it done. I've heard the K member is an option. Let me know. I appreciate any help you can give.Thanks!

quikbird

Reaction score
I have done this job. Pita but not super difficult. Lift front end of car and set jackstands under frame rails around torsion bar crossmember. Remove drag link of suspension. As you are not changing the tie rod ends will not need a new alignment. Problem is front pan bolts. They are fairly tight to the crossmember. May have actually undo a motor mount and lift engine on one side slightly. You can do this. Only requires regular tool, no special ones.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
K-frame is a good jacking point for the lifting then jack stands as Quickie suggested.

OcalaRoadKing

Reaction score
I have done this job. Pita but not super difficult. Lift front end of car and set jackstands under frame rails around torsion bar crossmember. Remove drag link of suspension. As you are not changing the tie rod ends will not need a new alignment. Problem is front pan bolts. They are fairly tight to the crossmember. May have actually undo a motor mount and lift engine on one side slightly. You can do this. Only requires regular tool, no special ones.
Awesome! Thank you!!

John Trickler

Reaction score
Hey folks. Need some thoughts on the best and safest way to raise the front end of my 69 RR up. I'm doing some engine work and really need to change out the oil pan gasket, minor leak so I thought I would just get it done. I've heard the K member is an option. Let me know. I appreciate any help you can give.Thanks!
I just did mine this winter. Lucky to have it on a lift. As mentioned before, remove the center link. It is a PITA, but with regular tools( 1/4" drive set with universal and 3/8" drive with universal) and patience it can be done. If you have a windage tray, it just adds to the fun of re-installation.

Back