• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok Road Runner guys, what do you think?

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/sho ... ost5149816

I hope it is OK to link to moparts????

Easier than typing.

Basics- looking at 72 Monaco

neat low mile car, needs some work to be of much use

have until 8 PM today to accept his counter offer.

I'm concerned about the overall cost of the car all in. he is at 1600 now, I'm at 1100. I don't want to have 3 grand in a car based on other things I could do carwise for that much. I seem to be the only one that has had any real interest in it.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5149816&an=0&page=0#Post5149816

I hope it is OK to link to moparts????

Easier than typing.

Basics- looking at 72 Monaco

neat low mile car, needs some work to be of much use

have until 8 PM today to accept his counter offer.

I'm concerned about the overall cost of the car all in. he is at 1600 now, I'm at 1100. I don't want to have 3 grand in a car based on other things I could do carwise for that much. I seem to be the only one that has had any real interest in it.
That's a tough call. I guess I would look at the condition of the body and interior first. If that is in good shape and needs just a good cleaning, then I'd try and figure out the mechanical condition. To me that can be easier to deal with then body work, like fixing rust. So I guess it depends on how much you like the car. It would be somethig different to drive. Maybe split the difference and see what he says.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
No problem with the link.

If its something you want, go for it. Don't buy it with the idea of being able to sell it at a profit or even cover your costs.... '72 C-bodies just don't have the appeal that B or A bodies do... or even sixties C-bodies for that matter.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
That is basically what I have told him, that the engine is all that is worth much and that a low po 72 isn't the pick of the litter. I'm pretty sure you can pull a stock rebuild for 1200-1500 or less still, this one isn't really any better than that- and still has the crap OEM chain mess in there I'm sure.

The body is real good. I don't think the paint will buff out, it has too much crap caked on it and looks faded under that mess.

I think the getting on the road stuff really kills the car. Get the brakes fixed, new rubber, and then find another thing is wrong. A/C looks to be leaking at the connector on the firewall, might need an O ring but that dosn't mean it will work after that either.

:toetap:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you wanna put 20" rims on that?????? :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
I'd say go for it. I like the Cs myself. Hate to see so many get gutted for the running gear, or demod. If you get it, try wet sanding and buffing. ya never know. keep us updated!

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
No I don't, I think I will see it around town with that get up if some doper decides to part with his cash...

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I'm going to let him think about things awhile. Nobody will be jumping to give him what he wants when they learn that it won't drive as is. Besides, a cool truck is for sale close too. There are just too many hobby vehicles in the price range that car is in once on the road.

Back