• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Outside mirror

bstan70rr

Reaction score
Damn it. I just walked by the RR, clipped the outside mirror and broke it. It wasn't even a good hit--more of a graze. Now, I want to take the little piece of sh.....crap off, throw it in the garbage, weld the holes up and do without one. Unless it can be fixed. There is a piece rattling inside, and it sounds significantly big. I just wish I knew what the inside of one looked like.

It is about a year or two old, and it might have seen 500 miles. Not that miles matter. It has been garaged in South Mississippi, so it has never even seen freezing temperatures.

Garbage can? WTH???

Ugg. I would rather.....................I don't know.????????????????????????????

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Glass or the whole mirror?

bstan70rr

Reaction score
Sorry. Should have explained better. The mirror fell off of the ball pivot. The mirror surface is fine. Something on the inside gave out. Non-remote.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If I remember right there is a spring clip with a screw threw it. If you can get a heat gun, warm the glass up real well and remove it, its glued in and then your inside. The glass and mirrors are repopped.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I tried the heat gun method last year. I heated the hell out of it, thought it would bust, and the damn mirror glass wouldn't budge!

bstan70rr

Reaction score
Amazing. This forum and you guys are amazing. Do yall do marital advice as well? Wait, I am guessing I will have to post pictures.

But seriously, thanks. After I get it apart, I will probably find the black clip looking thing probably failed.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
bstan70rr said:
Amazing. This forum and you guys are amazing. Do yall do marital advice as well? Wait, I am guessing I will have to post pictures.

But seriously, thanks. After I get it apart, I will probably find the black clip looking thing probably failed.
We do have a Dear ACME A12 that takes care of marital issues :lmao:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
bstan70rr said:

We do have a Dear ACME A12 that takes care of marital issues :lmao:

Nope. Had to get out of that business. I now focus on how to properly anchor TVs in the garage so that your quarter panels don't get customized... :D

:jester:

bstan70rr

Reaction score
Ouch. Sometimes gravity sucks. I would rather have marital problems.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
bstan70rr said:

I can give good divorce advice.....

moparstuart

Reaction score
Big John said:
bstan70rr said:

I can give good divorce advice.....
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :jester:

Back