• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painting the "Steelies"

woodwiz

Reaction score
Anyone out there attempted to repaint their stock steelie wheels form a car color to a gloss or satin finish and what was your expierience with that. I've seen some of the black wheels on here of members and thought they make the car look a little more badass,for lack of a better term. Anyway fellow wheel painters chime in if you would please & thanks!!! Not that it matters the wheels are 15x8 steels factory B7 paint....I must be bored!!!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Mine are done the same way the factory did. They start with a black and spray color no masking so they are still black on the back.

DSCN3382.JPG

DSCN3077.JPG

woodwiz

Reaction score
My thought was to go back to a gloss black on the spare which is B7 as well and get some idea of how it would look without doing all of them and not liking it. just wondering how much needs to be removed or can i just ruff up the finish to get the black to adhere?

Back