• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parking Light Housings

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys, can I buy the front parking light housings as a reproduction piece? I can't seem to find them. Lost an eBay auction for a set last week.

Also, with regard to the sidemarkers, it appears that they were only reflectors back in the day and not lighted? Do I need just the lenses, or are there some type of bezel that attaches through the trunk?

Found a place called Mr Heaterbox that is giving me a really nice price on the dash restoration. I'm getting a fully restored cluster for $550 and a fully restored switch panel for about $300. Best prices I could find.

If anyone out there has a nice set of tail light bezels for a 69, I really need them. Darn near $300 new. I'm told we have about another 2 months (I interpret as 4 months) until the car is ready for the engine, etc.

Thanks guys. Hopefully more pics next week.

John

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The reflectors have a body color bezel that the reflector clips into or double stick tapes in with and a bracket that goes on the inside of the fender to hold it in with speed nuts. I might have some let me look. Tail light bezels I can restore if they are not to badly pitted but by the time they ship both ways and my cost its a toss up, but they are original if that makes any difference to you.

JJRJR

Reaction score
if you have the light housings that would be great. my tail light bezels have been painted over with the old yellow body color. have no idea what shape the chrome is in. how much would you charge to restore?

John

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
JJRJR said:
if you have the light housings that would be great. my tail light bezels have been painted over with the old yellow body color. have no idea what shape the chrome is in. how much would you charge to restore?

John
John I looked but I don't have any. The cost of restoration on the tail light bezels depends on chrome cost and its been awhile since I looked into that. Like I said it was close to the cost of repops the last time I checked. You might want to get some input as to how the repops fit and I can get an idea from my chrome shop. But first strip some paint off and see what kind of damage there is.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I bought a set of tail light bezels from BEA last year. They look great but I found that they are a little smaller then the originals. There was a bit more of a gap all the way around, and the mounting studs were a little short. I had to add some spacers to keep them flush with the bodywork. I reused the original lenses wand even those had some extra space around them. Keep in mind that it's not a lot of space and most people will most likely not notice, but I did!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Also keep in mind front and rear have a different angle built in for the reflector because the fender rolls under faster than the quarter. Part #s are different also.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Thanks guys. generaljmwlee, can you send pics of the bezels? sailorjjr@yahoo.com

Gonna have the body shop guy stirp the paint from the tail light bezels to see what the look like. Might be cheaper for me to just have them rechromed locally.

Thanks.

John

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Gonna have the body shop guy stirp the paint from the tail light bezels to see what the look like. Might be cheaper for me to just have them rechromed locally.

Thanks.

John[/quote]
Then mask scuff and paint with light argent paint. Took me about 35 min per side just to mask :yesnod:

road runner 878 (Small).jpg

droptop

Reaction score
A lot of times when items like this get painted, it protects them from pitting to bad. Of course they sand the chrome to get the paint to stick, so they will have to be rechromed. But if they are not pitted to badly, that helps to keep the costs down. You may have some very good cores after the paint is removed.

Back