• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Passenger side vent cable way too short

Dwaz45

Reaction score
I ordered a passenger side vent cable for my 68 roadrunner and it is about a foot too short. At first I thought they sent me a drivers side by mistake but it's too long for drivers side. Am I missing something? Is there some sort of linkage I'm missing ? Any help would be appreciated

Dwaz45

Reaction score
How long is it?
It's about 40 inches and it needs to be almost a foot longer. My dad (who I inherited the car from ) was originally gonna put oem A/C in the car. Could my under dash vent be in a different location because of that ? I see when looking up the cable they say with a/c or non a/c

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It's about 40 inches and it needs to be almost a foot longer. My dad (who I inherited the car from ) was originally gonna put oem A/C in the car. Could my under dash vent be in a different location because of that ? I see when looking up the cable they say with a/c or non a/c
I take it you have a standard heater box?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
40 inches is correct, where are you trying to mount it? It goes below the ignition switch

DSCN3250.JPG

Dwaz45

Reaction score
40 inches is correct, where are you trying to mount it? It goes below the ignition switch

View attachment 35402
We're mounting it where it's supposed to go ...the end just doesn't reach where it needs to hook up. Is it possible and if not too much trouble to take a photo of where it routes under the dash and hooks up? I inherited this project from my father and am just trying to come up to speed. I was never a car guy. Just helped him a bit. I appreciate the help so far.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Just as direct a path as possible, I can't get to my car right now for a picture.

Dwaz45

Reaction score
Just as direct a path as possible, I can't get to my car right now for a picture.
I appreciate it sir. I'm not where my car is right now either. Tomorrow I'm gonna just have to figure out what's going on under my dash. Lol. You answered the main thing I needed which was if I have the right cable ( I do ) thanks

Back