• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pistol grip in a 69 rr

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The guys that smoked hit the ash tray when it was flipped out. The 68 slide down and the 69 flipped out.

I never liked the pistol grip myself. It felt funny and wasn't a natural position for my hand.

Smoothest shifting RR I ever drove was a 68 with a ton of miles on it and the original Inland shifter in it. They changed to the Hurst shifter sometime mid-year.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Smoothest shifting RR I ever drove was a 68 with a ton of miles on it and the original Inland shifter in it. They changed to the Hurst shifter sometime mid-year.

Funny how everyone has different thoughts and experiences on these types of things, isn't it? Just like one guy thinks a certain type of car is a lemon and another guy would marry it if he could. :lol:
Worst shifting MoPar 4-gear I ever drove was a '67 Formula S with that damned Inland shifter. It would have needed to climb five more rungs on the ladder just to get to "SLOPPY"... :basketcase:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
It is funny like that.

This particular car was one that did everything right, if you know what I mean. It got sold to some assclown and someone gave him a gift certificate to JC Whitney for Christmas. I don't think he hacked it up too much, but it didn't do well under his care. I think he died a few years ago, and the last I knew it was sitting in his garage. Probably still sitting there too. It's one of a few cars that I wouldn't mind owning now.

I had a 69 340 4 speed Dart that you had to carry a hammer in the car for when it got caught in 3rd gear. I could just reach the linkage from the drivers side and a couple of taps and things were good to go for another 3 or 4 weeks.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
sounds like that POS Torino I had. got to be quick as a Nascar tire crew diving under it and smacking the shift linkage.

Back