• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plastic Chrome

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
On June 1st I sent my plastic parts out to be rechromed and they called today for payment so they could ship them back, thats fast. If they look nice I will post the info, the arm rests are $35 each and the speedo bezel is $80 :popcorn:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
the arm rests are $35 each

Well, there's $70 that I won't have to spend on Bambi's restoration...might cost me $8 - $10 for a really good can of B7 Blue spray paint for plastic... :lol:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
i just brushed on chrome plastic paint ....perfecto
What did you use George, Ive tried alot of paints and they all looked like paint :lol:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
here is a pic of a bezel i did for someone. they just wanted it to look fresh and weren't worried about rechroming (daily driver). pardon the reflection of the dust particles seen from the flash on the after photo. for the silver i went to the hobby shop and bought a silver paint pen.
IMG_1404.jpg
IMG_1406.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Mac what are you using on your white letters? I'm going to look for a white sharpy today I have used the silver ones myself they work well.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Mac what are you using on your white letters? I'm going to look for a white sharpy today I have used the silver ones myself they work well.
i ended up at a JoAnn fabrics store (craft store) and used a Elmers brand white paint pen with the ultra fine tip.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mac said:
69hemibeep said:
i ended up at a JoAnn fabrics store (craft store) and used a Elmers brand white paint pen with the ultra fine tip.
:lol: Thats what I just came home with from Joanns :lol:

Back