• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

power steering pump

mac

What ?
Reaction score
what are the 2 different styles of power steering pumps? i have a setup that i am considering to sell but have forgotten the style i have.
IMG_1875.jpg
IMG_1874.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
IIRC they are, Saginaw, and Federal, which what you have pictured there. The Federals have a round filler neck , while the Saginaw have an oval neck. Is this a new or used unit, and if used what kind of shape is it in?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You nailed it, Steve. Seems like most of the PS cars I've owned had the Saginaw; the Swinger is the only one that comes to mind that has the Federal...

mac

What ?
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
IIRC they are, Saginaw, and Federal, which what you have pictured there. The Federals have a round filler neck , while the Saginaw have an oval neck. Is this a new or used unit, and if used what kind of shape is it in?

thanks guys!!! these are pieces that i was collecting with the thought of one day putting in my car. i don't think i am going in that direction anymore and would like to move some things to have room. all used pieces except the pressure hose. had it hooked up once on the work bench and it all seemed to work properly.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The C-bodys also used the Federal.

Back