• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project BEEP WAGON

Mopar Vince

Reaction score
Okay.
Its not a "Road runner" per say but it is one of the few cars I still have after the divorce so I decided it needed some love.

So I sent it over to the capable artists at Spade Bros in Huntington Beach for some massaging of the body and some bright ass Mopar orange paint.

paint prep left.jpg

paint prep right.jpg

I also bought a 6-BBL hood that will use the original hinges and latch from AAR fiberglass.

6-BBL hood.JPG

Should be a pretty good looking tow vehicle once completed.

orange wagon.jpg

paint prep left.jpg

paint prep right.jpg

6-BBL hood.JPG

orange wagon.jpg

Mopar Vince

Reaction score
Billet magnums?

I was thinking that with the right stance, size and width to fill the giant wagon wheel wells, some billet magnum 500's would look pretty cool on the beep-wagon.

wagon_wheel.jpg

wagon_wheel.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the wagon looks great! The wheels would be OK with some sidewall thickness, never cared for the rubber band look, but then you're not building it for me.

quikbird

Reaction score
cool, wagons always need more love. they have been underappreciated for far too long. nice look!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
wagons can be sweet. damn shame so many got junked or parted out.

Mopar Vince

Reaction score
In the classic wagon world; Plymouth and Dodges are some of the rarest.
Not because of production numbers necessarily but because they were so damn indestructible.
You see as the years went; on the number of 58-62 Chrysler Imperials and the like dwindled or became outlawed in the demolition derby arenas because they were so unbeatable.
So the demo-derby guys started using wagons.
Unfortunately the chevies and fords weren't up t the task.
That is why there are a ton of bow tie and blue oval wagons out there; but not too many Mopars.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking that with the right stance, size and width to fill the giant wagon wheel wells, some billet magnum 500's would look pretty cool on the beep-wagon.

View attachment 9472

It already looks pretty good to me in this pic. Be nice to see it in a larger photo. Maybe try photobucket.

I'm with Basketcase on classic muscle and large diameter wheels and minimal aspect ratio tires. As the wheel diameter gets larger, my interest in them gets smaller... :basketcase:

Back