• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pump not pumping

andy69

Reaction score
Just purchased a recon power steering box (from the states,only cost $635) anyway have fitted,also put a new seal kit in the pump,now I have fitted all in,and the instructions say to bleed the oil through,but no oil is coming out of the return ,now I did the pump myself :facepalm: I'm thinking maybe I've done something backward or something......

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
is the engine running???....if so turn the steering wheel back and forth......oil has to heat up to get correct reading on dip stick too

andy69

Reaction score
It came with instructions telling me to disconnect the return hose and put hose into a drain bottle,disconnect coil wire,crank motor over several times until you see clear oil running into bottle,then connect hose back to pump,connect coil,start motor turn wheel side to side top up oil and of you go......but I get nothing on the return and the in hose oil just weeps into steering box..

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I've always done it with the system closed and the engine running but that's me. :cents:

andy69

Reaction score
Thanks I'll try that, any things better than what's happening.......and by the way my car is Green,maybe that's the answer

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
andy69 said:
Thanks I'll try that, any things better than what's happening.......and by the way my car is Green,maybe that's the answer
:basketcase:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
it's because you don't have manly manual steering...... :acme:

Back