• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question...

moparholic4bbl

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the LA, California Chrysler factory was located? Just curious as I have an LA car and wanted to know exactly where it was built.

moparchris

Reaction score
I have no idea. It would be cool if some remnants of it were still around, my Dart was built in LA. I know the Van Nuys Chevrolet plant is a home depot now. I went there once when I went to the Van Nuys cruise.

moparholic4bbl

Reaction score
Hey cool...a fellow angeleno moparite. How goes it buddy...

Well thats sad. I remember the Van Nuys GM plant being there last time I was there. But then that had to be over 15 years ago....
Guess that's why I'm even more curious to find the LA mopar plant location. Even if it's also a home depot now. Would be cool if it was a stopping point for a cruise or maybe a place to have a mopar car show.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Even if its gone it would be cool to see where it was. At least you still have a good Bob's Big Boy, I try to hit that place every time I'm in town.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I'd also like to know what, if anything, is left of that plant as my '65 Barracuda was built there.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I sometimes take the 605 up to the 60 to go out to Ontario...maybe one of these days I'll take a little side trip... I'd like to see the area too... Interesting stuff.

BTW Steve, I was out in Santa Maria last week and drove by the dealer where your Formula S sold new. Didn't look like anything was going on so they must not be making any headway in getting the dealership back. Damned shame what obamarama, pelosi & co. did...

moparchris

Reaction score
moparholic4bbl said:
Hey cool...a fellow angeleno moparite. How goes it buddy...

Well thats sad. I remember the Van Nuys GM plant being there last time I was there. But then that had to be over 15 years ago....
Guess that's why I'm even more curious to find the LA mopar plant location. Even if it's also a home depot now. Would be cool if it was a stopping point for a cruise or maybe a place to have a mopar car show.

Good man, It would be cool to go see it. I am pretty active down here in the OC. Next time I head up to LA for a cruise or something I will PM you. The Van Nuys cruise is pretty cool, I have posted pics in the pics section of the past year or so of cruises.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I sometimes take the 605 up to the 60 to go out to Ontario...maybe one of these days I'll take a little side trip... I'd like to see the area too... Interesting stuff.

BTW Steve, I was out in Santa Maria last week and drove by the dealer where your Formula S sold new. Didn't look like anything was going on so they must not be making any headway in getting the dealership back. Damned shame what obamarama, pelosi & co. did...
Ray, are you talking about the original dealership building, or where you stopped to see if they had any paperwork for the car?? Either way, you are so right about the way these people are running us into the ground. :brickwall:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
we lost another one yesterday. Chrysler pulled out last summer, and GM pulled out a couple months ago, so another local dealer closed up.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Ray, are you talking about the original dealership building, or where you stopped to see if they had any paperwork for the car?? Either way, you are so right about the way these people are running us into the ground. :brickwall:

The relocated dealership where I tried to obtain your original paperwork...

Back