• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator Support Bracket adjustment?

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
In the process of replacing the the grill filler panel and grill parts, got bumper off (pita bumper bolts) and stood back and noticed the top grill support bracket was lower on the drivers side than the passengers side. I see two bolts at the bottom of the center bracket - loosen those and can get some adjustment but makes it worse.

Does anyone have a picture of their front end without the bumper? Also the center bracket for the grill support looks bent or offset to the right? Is this normal? What am I looking at?

overall pic
20130908_130749_zps6848840b.jpg

Center bracket
20130908_130800_zps3e9375c8.jpg

Google pic of whole assembly
grillsupport_zpsa3496e85.jpg

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The center support looks bent. Straighten that first.

That google pic is some other car. I'm not sure what... but it's not a 69 Roadrunner.

Bolt the grille together and close the hood... then take a look. It may be OK. If not, the height is determined by the fender adjustment and once you start screwing with that... it will snowball from there.

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
I can see that there is two adjustments that can be made left to right on the top grill support, the center brace is welded at the top and bolts at the bottom. Not sure if it is more of a fender adjustment seems like it.

Back