• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raising 1969 roadrunner 1/2 to 1 inch

Mike D

Reaction score
I want to raise my road runner front end a half inch to an inch approximately how many full turns would I turned the bolts I know there’s no exact answer just a ballpark would be cool

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Would start with four turn's. Joust the front end then measure again. Little at a time is better than a bunch at once.

Mike D

Reaction score
Thanks brother. Went slow on the bolt turns. Not enough, then to much and finally dialed in. Both sides were different though so it was cool to figure it out!

Roadtrip

Reaction score
Big change there will throw out the alignment. You may want to consider getting one done after you’re happy with the height

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
I am getting ready to level the front and rear on my 69 Road Runner (note: it's got the hemi leaf springs - six leaf springs on the driver side and 7 on the passenger side). The passenger front is approximately 1/2 inch too low, and the rear passenger side is also approximately 1/2 inch too low (when it should be higher on that side due to the leaf springs). I believe that by raising the passenger side front, it will both lower the driver side rear and slightly raise the passenger side rear, and hopefully result in a front and rear level (side to side). I am scheduled to take it to the shop that routinely tackles issues with the car (there is always something). They can make the necessary adjustments, move the car around to settle the torsion bars; finalize the height, and finally when done do a frontend alignment.Body Work Finished Ivy Green (1).jpg

Back