• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"recipe" books

sam z

Reaction score
Guys,
If anybody has got any recommendations on performance / build up publications
please post the titles and authors. I've seen hi-po build up articles in a million
different magazines. I was just wondering if there is really any good reference books
outside of all of the magazine articles.

I had "How to hot rod small block mopar engines" years ago, but I'm looking for big
block stuff. I now have "How to rebuild big bock mopar engines" by Don Taylor, but
this is more of a how-to disassemble / reassemble publication. Great book, but
nothing real on performance again.

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
Sam, I have Carroll Shelby's Direct Connection manuals for engine and chassis mods. There's a lot of good info in there imo. While the engine builds may be considered a little dated by some, they can serve as a base line for you and you cand modify the "recipe" to your taste. The only thing is that I'm not sure if they are still being published.??? :cents:

John69RR

Reaction score
On Moparts there a two guys who have recently written books. One is a poster named. STREETWISE and another named AndyF.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
The basics of a build never change. New parts are easy to learn about on the net.

A proper orientation of an intermediate shaft is to have the slot be striaght across at TDC. It will be slightly off if 180 degrees out. Makes it easy to set the timing for first fire.

There is a tip you won't find in the books.

Back