• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommendations from all of you RR guys...

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey gentlemen: well, it time to start buying my suspension and brake parts. I want to go with a four wheel disc brake conversion (I think?) as well as replace all the suspension/shocks, etc.

Any recommendations on "kits" for the front end? How about shocks? I see a company called Bilstein I think it is that has the black shocks that look like factory replacements. Also, what's a nice mid-grade disc brake conversion set? I see that Classic Industries has kits, but I've heard good and bad about them.

Finally, can an A/C system be put into a car that doesn't have it from the factory?

Any help is much appreciated. Going Saturday to see the engine rebuild parts before he does the job the to visit the body guy to discuss sheet metal I need.

Thanks guys. I have to say, finding this site has been a God-Send. So much great info from guys who have been down the same path I'm walking now.

Best, John.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Places like Vintage air can take care of your A/C, I would go with a late model system with a Sanden compressor. As far as suspension I'll have to sit with you and see what comes up. unless you just redoing stock then go to PST http://www.p-s-t.com/

John69RR

Reaction score
Bob is right about the A/C. An under dash unit is fairly easy to install, unless your car has a console. The hardest part is drilling the 3 holes, 2 for the hoses and 1 for the drain. As for suspension, I used MOOG all the way. RockAuto did not have all the pieces so I ended up getting mine locally from a few different parts stores. For the strut bushings I suggest the MOOG "Problem Solver".

mcmopar

Reaction score
Classic Auto Air in Tampa FL can set you right up. They did mine. They can either do it for you or sell you the kit.
As for suspension I went with the poly kit from PSC - Performance Suspension Components - since they include the idler arm with their kit and no one else does. I am using Pep Boys shocks and have had no problems. They are painted black as well.
Don't forget your rear spring shackels and bushings. I got poly bushings and new shackles from Mancini Racing. Quality stuff.

Back