• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rice Rocket Rage

moparchris

Reaction score
I got pulled over last week by Irvine's finest. They have been known to impound anything and everything. They are also known for coming down real heavy on any muscle in their town. Well I was driving this really rare red 4 speed car, but more on that later, and he asked me where my year tab was. I told him its in the mail and its more than 6 months out which is grounds for impound around here. He chuckled and said well I already ran the plate and it came up current, he was just curious and wanted to complement me on my really rare ride. In times like these where public employees are coming under heavy fire by the media about pensions and salaries, its situations where the police have a chance to interact with the public and create good will. Sounds like the Ohio police are taking the wrong approach that will burn them deep. :cents:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
I got pulled over last week by Irvine's finest. They have been known to impound anything and everything. They are also known for coming down real heavy on any muscle in their town. Well I was driving this really rare red 4 speed car, but more on that later, and he asked me where my year tab was. I told him its in the mail and its more than 6 months out which is grounds for impound around here. He chuckled and said well I already ran the plate and it came up current, he was just curious and wanted to complement me on my really rare ride. In times like these where public employees are coming under heavy fire by the media about pensions and salaries, its situations where the police have a chance to interact with the public and create good will. Sounds like the Ohio police are taking the wrong approach that will burn them deep. :cents:
They wouldn't dare impound a car as rare as that :jester:

BBillyC

Reaction score
Took the bird out tonight for an ice cream. On the way back home a cruiser was coming the other way and they were definitely eyeballing me, but a fire truck was coming up behind me and I pulled over to the right and stopped. The cops stopped directly across from me and the fire truck went between us. I pulled out to keep going and they glanced over and then just kept going. I bet they thought I wasn't going to stop and then give me a ticket for not yielding to an emergency vehicle. What they didn't know is that I am a firefighter and I always give my guys and gals a break in traffic like everyone should do. So I guess they gave me a break.

mannye

Reaction score
What's the deal with muscle cars getting harassed? Even here where the cops can sometimes be EPIC douche-bags a muscle car usually gets a thumbs up. Ricers are harassed as often as possible.

I have issues though, even when an idiot with a fart can on his 84 Corolla can't legally go to a track because there isn't any track to go to. So then everyone gets all high and mighty about street racing. But where is a kid supposed to go these days and run a 1/4 mile for 15 or 20 bucks?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mannye said:
I have issues though, even when an idiot with a fart can on his 84 Corolla can't legally go to a track because there isn't any track to go to. So then everyone gets all high and mighty about street racing. But where is a kid supposed to go these days and run a 1/4 mile for 15 or 20 bucks?

Sure doesn't help the situation, does it?

BBillyC

Reaction score
We have a great track nearby but for some reason they would rather street race than race legal. Part of it might be the fun in getting away with it. The last bust they had of the ricers almost all of them didn't have a license because they've lost it pulling other stunts. But like the idiots that they are they still have to go out and drive and defy everyone. That's why they don't go to the track .....they just don't care and until their cars start being crushed I don't think they will stop the stupid behavior anytime soon.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Ohio has it's good ones. I was on my way to work in my Charger, and a State Trooper pulled me over. There was an older trooper, and one that had to be fresh out of the accedamey. The youn one ran my plate while the veteran checked out the car. He asked me how fast it would go, I said " I can't get the dang thing over 55" the trooper laughed and said you're full of it. have a safe night.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Ya know, as stated a couple posts back, there should be a cut-off year for car cruises.
I have to admit, it annoys me when I go to a local cruise and see a 2005 mustang or 1999 corvette parked among the classics......They look so out of place!

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
the cops around here are pretty good.....just obey the law and they dont bother you....if your looking for trouble they will be there

cars shows.....yes if you bring in a new car park it over with the new cars.....bikes... park it with the bikes

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mannye said:

I agree, they keep closing our tracks because the politicians think all car people are riff-raff and now with the "green" movement around here there is no chance of getting one back. Eventually something will have to give. I have even had someone come up to me at a light and say that I am destroying our "ecosystem" by driving my old car. I said "oh thank you I had no idea! I am going home and destroying it immediately!" :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
moparchris said:
ACME A12 said:
mannye said:

I agree, they keep closing our tracks because the politicians think all car people are riff-raff and now with the "green" movement around here there is no chance of getting one back. Eventually something will have to give. I have even had someone come up to me at a light and say that I am destroying our "ecosystem" by driving my old car. I said "oh thank you I had no idea! I am going home and destroying it immediately!" :lmao:
I applaud you Chris, I don't think I would have been so nice about it. :devil: You should have asked them if they aren't doing the same thing by driving their car? Or if it was a prissy car if they knew how much harm was done to the environment the get their car built!

mannye

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
I applaud you Chris, I don't think I would have been so nice about it. :devil: You should have asked them if they aren't doing the same thing by driving their car? Or if it was a prissy car if they knew how much harm was done to the environment the get their car built![/quote]

Environmentalists are idiots. I'm not being mean because I don't like them, I am being factual. The only saving grace is that the chicks that haven't decided to stop shaving armpits are usually very very hot and very very stupid. A little "I feel so bad for all those birds killed by BP" talk will get you an environmentally safe blow job that won't release any hydrocarbons unless you heat up the lube to smoking when you bang her backdoor.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mannye said:
Environmentalists are idiots. I'm not being mean because I don't like them, I am being factual. The only saving grace is that the chicks that haven't decided to stop shaving armpits are usually very very hot and very very stupid. A little "I feel so bad for all those birds killed by BP" talk will get you an environmentally safe blow job that won't release any hydrocarbons unless you heat up the lube to smoking when you bang her backdoor.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We have a winner!!!

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mannye said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We have a winner!!!

Holy crap! Nailed it! :basketcase:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
OMG!!!

I'm crying that was so good!

:lmao:

Here in southwest Chicagoland villages have their streets taken over on certain days in the summer by the Old Iron. We can drive less than forty miles and go to a show each day if we wanted. Burnouts are a no no. Great turnouts and fun for all.

I have an '04 Cobra convertible 1 of 149. It will have it's day sometime. For now it does not belong at a show.

Hopefully I can get thumpy done and off to what is left of some of the remaining shows.

Saw a nice bumper sticker yesterday something like I love my country....It's my government I fear.

Back to MANNYE ( you the man with that one).......Save the whale and buy a Prius. I'm happily married now but scratching my head.....Hmmmmm what if?? I never played that card.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
Maybe I could have gotten some more hummers!!

Back